You dont drown by falling in the water.....you drown by staying there

Thursday, April 15, 2010

My name is Ticklish and im a coffee-holic!

I went into a TF centre yesturday to get some info on the diet & buy the magazine (which can I say is great!) and the lady said I could buy 2 satchets to try before signing up next week (oh and if anyone is wondering I have to wait til next Wednesday to sign up as money is tight and I cant afford it til pay day!). I bought the espresso shake & the cafe latte shake. I had the espresso shake this morning and heated it in the microwave for 1 minute and was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was and how much it felt like a real coffee! I will try the cafe latte shake next Wednesday morning before going to a TF centre to sign up so then I will have tried 2 out of the 3 coffee flavours so I know which ones to have for breakfast!


As per the title of this blog, I am addicted to coffee. I always hated it until the end of 2006. I can remember exactly when my coffee addiction started. It was during my final year at university and during my final exams my friends and I would get to uni at about 6am to study before our exams which would always be at 8am (harsh!!) and thats when I started to drink coffee. A few months later I would be finished uni & started full-time shift work and the rest is history really! Id like to know of a nurse who isnt addicted to coffee! To make matters worse (well, better for me!) my mother-in-law opened up a coffee shop about a year ago......FREE COFFEE!!! Ah, I was in heaven. Alot of my friends are nurses aswell and when we get together to catch-up we always meet at our favourite place...yes you guessed it, a coffee shop :) So i'm thrilled that i've found at least 1 TF coffee shake that is good!


Ive been thinking about how I will be working this diet into my shift work, especially night shift. I usually work a 12hr night shift, 7pm til 7am and get 2 half hour breaks during that shift, the first at about 10pm & the second at about 3am. What I might do for those days is have a shake for breakfast, 2 fruit serves for morning tea, my protein meal at lunch, a light dinner at about 5pm before work (like a salad with cooked mushrooms) then a TF soup or a coffee shake for supper at the 10pm break and thats a days meal plan. For the next day ill have a TF coffee shake at 3am as my breakfast, 2 fruit serves when I get home at 7:30am before going to bed, then a protein lunch when I wake up (usually at about 2pm), a side salad at about 5pm before going to work, and then again a TF soup or shake at work at 10pm for supper. My biggest downfall will be coffee during night shift, but I figure if I have the TF coffee shakes while at work that should help. I guess I will need to start drinking herbal teas :)


No comments:

Post a Comment